Your basket is empty...
Now that you’ve chosen to invest in some beautiful new furniture from Futon Company, we’d like to help you keep it looking as good as new for many years to come.
Wood, like any other natural and porous material, continues to absorb and to release humidity throughout its life. Occasional imperfections may occur and will contribute to the charm of your Futon Company furniture. Variations in wood grain, texture & colour, knots and other naturally occurring characteristics are inherent to wood. Futon Company consciously selects a specific wood quality that adds more character to its designs.
You will need to ‘feed’ your furniture with boiled-linseed oil every 3-4 months. Applying boiled linseed oil to the surfaces of your furniture from time to time will help to maintain its fresh-as-new looks. Apply the boiled-linseed oil* sparingly with a lint-free cloth and allow to dry thoroughly before use.
Surface marks & scuffs can be treated by gently rubbing fine wire wool along the grain and then rubbing a small amount of boiled-linseed* oil into the affected area.
*Boiled-linseed oil is a widely available off-the-shelf product and can be bought in most hardware stores. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions taking special note of any safety information.
Dust daily and wipe occasionally with a damp cloth followed by a dry duster.
Surface marks & scuffs can be treated by gently rubbing a small amount of beeswax* into the affected area with a lint-free cloth. Allow the beeswax* to dry thoroughly before use.
* Beeswax is a widely available off-the-shelf product and can be bought in most hardware stores. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions taking special note of any safety information.
1. Don’t place furniture too close to direct heat or air conditioning units.
2. Make sure the air in your room is not too humid or too dry.
3. Always move furniture by lifting. Dragging or pushing can damage fixings and affect stability.
4. Periodically tightening fittings will ensure furniture joints remain secure.
5. Use table mats to protect surface finishes from hot plates and kitchenware.
6. Never put hot dishes or cups directly onto a table top or cabinet.
7. Take care with sharp objects such as cutlery and pens and avoid dragging crockery across your table.
8. Fit shelves and units according to the Futon Company instructions and don’t overload them.
9. Don’t place heavy items on drop down leaves or doors.
10. Never rock backwards or stand on dining chairs.
If you have any questions or worries, we’ll be happy to help. Please contact us at email@example.com
© 2004-2023 Futon Company.
Futon Ltd t/a Futon Company. Registered in England 01848362 Unit A2 Circular Point, Hickman Avenue, London E4 9JG
Futon Limited trading as Futon Company is not a lender. Credit is subject to status and affordability, and is provided by Mitsubishi HC Capital UK PLC.