Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions - Futon Company Buy Online
These terms and conditions only apply for online sales and not for any of our stores
Futon Company has been in business for over 35 years and for the most part we owe our continued success to being able to provide what you, the customer, really wants. In our determination to ensure that you get an absolutely first class service, our terms and conditions are shown below. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By submitting an order on this website you are agreeing to a binding contract with us with these terms and conditions.
The price of the goods are as quoted on the website on the date the customer’s order is placed subject only to technical error for which Futon Company shall not be liable. If our system charges you less money than actual price of what should have been charged due to technical error, we will contact you asking for authorisation to debit difference in payment. Should our system charge you any extra due to any technical error, we shall refund you immediately. All published prices include VAT but exclude delivery.
As part of our continued efforts in fraud prevention, on very large orders where billing and delivery addresses are different, we may ask you to visit any of our stores to verify the pin on the card which you have made payment.
The standard cost of delivery is £49 for larger items and either £6.79 or £14.95 for smaller items.
Delivery charge for the following postal codes will be £100: AB 10-25, AB 30-56, IV 1-3,5,8-10, PA1-19, FK, KY,,DD,PH 1-7,PH 14, PH 8-13, PH15+. On your invoice you will see a delivery charge of £49 for these post codes. However, you will be contacted by our sales team to advise you that a surcharge of £51 will be applicable. Once payment is received, we will dispatch your order.
We are also unable to deliver to any of the Isles at the standard cost of £49. In which case, we shall obtain a quote for delivery and let you know the cost.
We will not be able to deliver to the following postal code areas: IV4 6-7 11-40 52-54 57+, HS 1-2, IV41-51, IV55-56, KW1-14, KW16-17, ZE2, KW15, ZE1, HS3-9, KA27-28, PA20+, BT 1-99. We will refund immediately any orders with these post codes.
Those products that carry a £6.79 and £14.95 delivery charge will be delivered direct to you through a carrier such as Parcel Force or APC. Delivery for these items will be within 5-10 working days. Please note that date of order is not counted as a working day. If you are not at the delivery address when the carrier tries to deliver, a note will be posted through the letter box explaining what you need to do to arrange re-delivery.
For larger items, which carry a £49+ you will be contacted by our carrier to arrange delivery. Please note that we will not be able to provide a delivery date until your order has been collected by our carrier. We aim to fulfil all orders within 15 working days from the date that you place your order online. For most mainland UK postcodes your order will be delivered to the hall of your property. However the following postcodes will be a kerbside only palletised delivery for the standard £49 charge: TR, PL, TQ, EX, SA, LD, SY, LL, CA, TD, DG, KA, ML, EH and G. If a kerbside palletised delivery will be problematic for you please contact us as we may be able to offer an alternative for a small surcharge.
Deliveries are made Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm. If you would like a Saturday delivery there will be an extra charge of up to £50 outside of the M25 (this only applies to sofa beds and goods where normal charge of £49 has been charged for delivery). Please CONTACT US to arrange a Saturday delivery.
If you live in a location which a large delivery van cannot access there may possibly be an extra charge to deliver in a smaller van. Please inform us if there are any restrictions due to narrow roads leading up to your property.
In the event that you are not at home when our courier company tries to delivery after a date and time has been agreed with you, a redelivery charge of £24.50p will apply. A storage charge of £2.50p per day will also apply. Please be absolutely sure that you will be available on the day of agreed delivery.
We believe that we have aligned ourselves with excellent delivery partners, yet there may be times when, despite our best efforts, your delivery may be delayed. At all times, we will endeavour to keep you informed and work with our delivery partners to ensure timely delivery of your order.
Cancellation and Returns
If you wish to cancel your online order, please do so by CONTACTING US and stating your order number within 14 days of placing your order. If you cancel your order after goods have been despatched from our warehouse, a full refund will be processed bar any delivery charges.
If for any reason you find the product to be unsuitable or are not happy with it after you have accepted delivery, you have the right to return the product to us for a full refund. All we ask is that you return the product in its original packaging in a saleable condition within 14 working days of delivery. Where products are not faulty it is your responsibility to arrange the return of any products at your own cost. You can return your order to any of our 21 stores or return to our address below.
You are required to take reasonable care of items. Please return an item in its original and undamaged packaging with all of its components. If an item is returned undamaged in its original and undamaged packaging, we will offer you a refund in accordance with our refund policy
Please note that there are certain products which cannot be returned unless faulty due to health and hygiene reasons as they cannot be sold on:
These products include all of our mattresses, futons, futon covers and sleepover items.
Also, we cannot accept flat packed furniture that has been partially or fully assembled
Please inspect the packaging before signing for delivery. In the unlikely event of your order arriving damaged or appearing to be damaged, please refuse delivery and DO NOT sign for it. However, if, after accepting delivery and opening the packaging, you find that components are either damaged or missing, you must inform us by CLICKING HERE stating order number and/or part number of relevant part immediately within 48 hours of delivery. We will organise a replacement part to be sent to you as soon as possible.
To assist you in return of products we are happy to accept goods at any one of our 21 stores or return to:
Unit A2 Circular Point
Click and Collect
Please note you will not be able to collect your order before you have been contacted by the store. In general, you will be contacted the next working day after you place your order. If you are in a hurry you may want to purchase from the store directly.
We would like to remind you to please bring the card you paid with and the printed invoice for collection of the item.
If the product you ordered is out stock in the the store where you wish to collect from,collection time may vary between 1-19 working days.
In our efforts to minimise fraud, we may ask you to kindly confirm the pin number of the card you paid with to process a payment for 1p transaction in our store. We shall refund you the 1p immediately.
If any of our products are out of stock, our website will display a message within the product information section of when new stock is due. Your order will be processed upon receipt and once stock is replenished, your order will be despatched the following working day.
Design Masters furniture
We do not hold any stock of the Design Masters furniture which are only available on a "Made to order" basis. This means all Design Masters furniture is excluded from our refund policy.
All Futon Company products are guaranteed for one year and suitable for residential use in a home environment. This excludes residential lettings or a contract environment.
Replacement fittings, finger jointed and laminated components:
All Futon Company wooden products are deliberately sourced from manufacturers who can demonstrate a saving of timber usage by laminating or finger-jointing off cuts of timber unsuitable for other purposes in order to make the larger pieces required in our furniture. Very occasionally parts can fail due to variations in the timber/glue interface and it is a condition of our sale to you that Futon Company immediately supplies a replacement part free of charge. The same is true for 'fittings'.
We at Futon Company specify timber off-cuts for commercial and ethical reasons. It allows you to purchase a higher quality of wooden furniture at a discount of approximately 30% and it reduces the global consumption of timber.
Your Statutory Rights are not affected by our terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions of Use
These are the general terms and conditions for use of http://www.futoncompany.co.uk (the "Site"). Please ask in store or call 0845 609 4455 (10am-6pm) for details of our terms and conditions relating to product purchases.
The Site is operated by The Futon Company ("Futon"). Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Your use of the Site will be subject to these terms and conditions. If you have any enquiries or complaints (about the Site or someone else's use of the Site) then address them to: The Futon Company, Unit A2 Circular Point, Hickman Avenue, Highams Park, E4 9JG.
1. What you are allowed to do: You may only use the Site for personal use and only in accordance with these terms. Additional terms may apply to the use of particular parts of the Site and products and services which are available from it from time to time. You may print a copy of any page of the Site, for your own personal purposes, provided you do not do any of the things set out under "2. What you are not allowed to do".
2. What you are not allowed to do: Except to the extent expressly set out in these terms, you are not allowed to: (i) make any copies of any part of the Site: (ii) remove or change anything on the Site; You must only use the Site and anything available from the Site for lawful purposes, and you must comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations.
3. Intellectual Property Rights: All intellectual property rights in any material (including text, video, photographs and other images and sound, trade marks and logos) contained in the Site are owned by Futon or its licensors. You are only allowed to use this Site and the material contained in the Site as set out in these terms. You are not allowed to remove or change any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right notices contained in the original material or printed off from the Site.
4. Information from the Site:
(a) The Site contains information of a general nature and should not be treated as comprehensive. You should take appropriate professional advice before relying on the information on the Site.
(b) You agree that your use of the Site is on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis and that your use of the Site is at your sole risk. On that basis, except as expressly set out in these terms, Futon does not enter into conditions, warranties or other terms in relation to the Site (including any implied term relating to quality, fitness for a particular purpose).
(c) You agree that the obtaining of any material through the Site is carried out at your own risk and subject to clause 4(a), that Futon has no liability to you in respect of such material or the effects of such material.
(d) Futon may change the format and content of the Site from time to time. You should refresh your browser each time you visit the Site to ensure that you download the most up to date version of the Site.
5. Limitation of Liability:
(a) Futon does not, and nothing in these terms and conditions shall act to exclude or limit Futon's liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence, fraud or any other liability which may not by applicable law be excluded or limited.
(b) Subject to sub-clause (a) above, in no event shall Futon be liable (whether for breach of contract, negligence or for any other reason) for any loss of profits, exemplary or special damages, loss of sales, loss of revenue, loss of goodwill, loss of any software or data, loss of bargain, loss of opportunity, loss of use of computer equipment, software or data, loss of or waste of management or other staff time, or for any indirect, consequential or special loss, however arising.
(c) Subject to sub-clause (a) above, Futon is not liable for any action you may take as a result of relying on any information provided on the Site.
6. External Links: The Site may from time to time include links to external sites and co-branded pages. Futon has included links to these sites and co-branded pages to provide you with access to information and services that you may find useful or interesting. Futon is not responsible for the content of these site and pages or for anything provided by them.
7. Viruses: Futon accepts no responsibility or liability for any damage to hardware or software caused to you by downloading material from the Site. You must ensure that your computer has all necessary software to protect you from computer viruses.
8. Suspension and termination of service: Futon may suspend or terminate the operation of the Site at any time. Access to or use of the Site or any pages linked to it will not necessarily be uninterrupted or error free.
9. General and Governing Law: Futon may change these terms and conditions from time to time and will endeavour to notify you of any major changes by posting a message on the Site. You should check these terms and conditions each time you revisit the Site. These terms and conditions form the entire understanding of the parties and supersede all previous agreements, understandings and representations relating to the subject matter. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity of any other provision. Futon may delay enforcing its rights under these terms and conditions without losing them. Futon will not be liable to you for any breach of these terms and conditions which arises because of any circumstances which Futon cannot reasonably be expected to control. You agree that Futon may sub-contract the performance of any of its obligations or may assign these terms and conditions or any of its rights or obligations without giving you notice. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and you consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Futon does not, and nothing in these terms and conditions shall act to exclude or limit Futon's liability for loss, misuse, or alteration of data collected from the site.
Futon Ltd t/a Futon Company. Registered in England no. 01848362.
Unit A2 Circular Point, Hickman Avenue, London E4 9JG